While I look forward to all of Sofia’s milestones, this is one I was hoping not to see this soon; Sofia’s first “bad report card.” When I picked her up from school and I asked her teacher, Ms. Carrie, how Sofia’s day had been. She looked at little discouraged and replied, “Oh..not good. We have a couple of incident reports for you to sign.” My first thought had been that Sofia had hurt herself, so I looked her over, but she looked fine. Ms. Carrie proceeded to tell me that Sofia had scratched several of the other children and was generally in a foul mood. The incident reports noted that Sofia had scratched a “friend” over a toy and in another case bit another “friend’s finger.” She was given “cool down”, by sitting at the table and was told “nice touches.”
I couldn’t believe Sofia was a bully! As I gathered her things I noticed little Rolland smiling up at me with couple of bright scratches on his face. I asked Ms. Carrie whether Rolland was one of Sofia’s victims, but she said she wasn’t allowed to say.
Joe and I worked with Sofia that evening reminding her to give “nice touches” and thankfully the next day Sofia’s report said she’d been very good to her friends.
Sofia’s First Civic Duty
Sofia accompanied Joe and me to vote last week. We did some last minute research on a judicial race and voted on some local issues while Sofia enjoyed exploring the elementary school atrium where the voting was held.
Surprise Party and Sofia’s First Co-ed Bath
Damon’s Surprise 30th Birthday Party was this Saturday and despite having three potential babysitters, I decided to stay home while Joe went to celebrate. Unfortunately going to a bar while you’re pregnant is not much fun. Instead Molly and Naomi came over with their babies, since their hubbies went to the party as well. Will and Sofia were very good and shared their toys, while little Nora spent the evening nursing. Melissa, Molly’s sister, stopped by to say hello.

Sofia stayed up way past her bedtime, but managed to squeeze in time for a bath with Will. I dutifully took photos to embarrass them when they're teenagers.
No comments:
Post a Comment