Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Weekend of Firsts

This past weekend was relatively low-key. I babysat on Friday and fell asleep watching the Palin interview. Ugh, I can’t stand her smugness, sarcasm and snide comments. I could have bared a McCain presidency, but her nomination has prompted me to take a proactive role in Obama’s campaign.

Sofia got her first (and only, I hope) black eye on Friday. She was playing in the family room, near the coffee table, and somehow hit her eye socket on the corner of the table. She calmed down thanks to the “boo-boo bag” (a cold pack covered in fabric we keep in the freezer), but a little purple dot appeared. The next day it was a full-fledged black eye. You can see a trace of it in this pic.


Itzel and Sofia


Sofia showing off Mommy’s shoes (and showing off the chocolate ice cream she sneaked at dinner)


I asked Sofia to say “cheese”!

Sunday morning we joined Rob, Emma, Edie and Cora at Memphis Kiddie Park for the girls’ first carnival rides.


Sofia and Edie on their first solo flight


Giddyup!


Their first roller coaster ride


Future NASCAR drivers? I hope not!

They seemed to have had a very good time and no tears of fear were shed. We went last year and we could only get Sofia on the carousel, and even then she almost cried. She's a big girl now!


Sofia at 18 months old (October 27, 2007). What a beautiful day!

That afternoon, Fiona and I went out to knock on doors, along with another volunteer, for the Obama campaign. We were making sure that people are registered to vote and poll voters on their potential vote. Although the majority of people we were tasked to reach weren’t home, those that we did reach were mainly Obama supporters. The lone McCain supporter lived in a $350K townhouse...coincidence?

And finally, another first...Fiona cut her first tooth on Sunday. She has a sliver of a tooth erupting from her bottom gum. She's a trooper and hasn't been too fussy!

No comments: