Sofia started the day by having a black kitty painted on her cheek.

She also rode a tractor.

And slid down several long slides.


She finished off with a pony ride before lunch.

Along the way Sofia also went through a corn maze and played on hay bales. After lunch we went apple picking.

She's got a great eye for apples.
And this is visual proof that mommy and Fiona were also there.

In an example of how small Cleveland is, we ran into one of Sofia’s classmates from Goddard. Charlotte was there with her parents and Sofia shyly said hello. Charlotte started with Sofia when she was six months old until they were both two years old. I also saw one of Sofia’s Music Settlement House classmates and her mom. Guess it’s the place to be.

Fiona waking up after a long car ride home.
1:43:18
After 12 weeks of training (and missing a couple of long runs) I ran the Tow Path Half Marathon. To my surprise I finished in 1 hour and 43 minutes. I placed 10th in my age division (out of 79) and 40th out of 400 or so women that ran the ½ marathon. Out of 835 men and women I placed 161st overall.
I had never really looked at my stats so closely, mainly because I never competed against anyone but myself, but since I won the 1st place in my age division a few weeks ago (10K), I think I’ve been bitten by the competition bug. Plus this is the fastest time I’ve ever run, so with more disciplined training I should be able to do better for the Cleveland ½ Marathon in May.
Joey and all the girls were there to cheer me on.


We relaxed and enjoyed the warm weather as we waited for Joel to finish the marathon.

Fiona trying to avoid the paparazzi.

Melissa was there to cheer Joel on as he ran the full marathon. We didn't see Molly and the kids until later.
Joel shaved off an hour and 15 minutes from last year’s marathon time! He trained diligently and it paid off. Way to go!

Joel finishing strong.
Random cute photos
And finally more photos…

Sofia’s “water colors”. To the left is a rainbow and to the right is a sun.

Sofia shows off the Elmo shirt her Abi (grandma Lydia) gave her. Fiona is definitely army crawling all over the place.
No comments:
Post a Comment