Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Apple Picking and Fun Fest

We joined a few other Ohio City families to go apple picking at Patterson Farms on a beautiful, but brisk, Saturday morning.


Sofia enjoying an apple she picked


Waiting for a hayride to the Family Fun part


Sofia paints a pumpkin alongside Arman


Fiona drives a tractor


Sofia LOVES her ponies


Fiona’s first face painting…a black kitty


Finally, a family photo!

Other fun events
Well, Sofia thought it was fun…I took her to the dentist for a cleaning and she was excited. She did really well and got to take home stickers and faux bling. Fiona has her first appointment in six months, to coincide with Sofia’s next cleaning.

On Sunday, Sofia saw her first movie (ever!) in a movie theatre, and a double feature to boot; “Toy Story” and “Toy Story II” both in 3D. Joe took Sofia to the newly rehabbed Capitol Theatre during the Grand Opening weekend.

Hallmark Moment
After coming home from the park last night I was helping Sofia take off her jacket, but the zipper was stuck. She could tell I was frustrated so she said, “I’ll give you a big hug, Mommy, so you can be happy.” She really knows how to push my buttons! She also said, “I love you so much, Mommy.” Adorable! Her affection might have been due to the fact that I let her have a few Skittles, but I’ll take it.

No comments: