Sofia came home laden down with new clothes, toys, crafts from school and other souvenirs. She had a fabulous time and I'm very grateful to my mom, Aunt Diana and grandmother for keeping her safe and spoiling her rotten (well, that I'm not so thankful for, but she should be getting back to normal soon).

Sofia plays with Zoe and Fiona
Chicago, Baby!
Emma and I spent several days in Chicago for a girls' weekend of shopping, walking, eating, drinking and relaxing. We visited with friends, went dancing a few nights and were vexed that we couldn't sleep in past 6:30AM thanks to our bodies' clocks, despite the late nights. Nonetheless we had a great time and picked up Sofia to bring her home.
Other Updates
A few weeks ago I went to Ingenuity Festival's Speakeasy Fundraiser held under the Detroit-Superior Bridge. It was such a cool venue, lots of fun people and great djs.

Jen, Emma and Kelly joined in the fun

The party was under the bridge across from downtown
Garden Keeps Growing
We've managed to keep our garden alive and growing. I think the key was the compost soil that took us two years to cultivate.



The rain garden is growing slowly, but didn't benefit from the composted soil
And finally...Joe finished the pergola! Although this photo shows it almost completed, so I'll have to post the finished product next week.

We're looking forward to inaugurating the patio soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment