Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend Fun

This was the first really hot weekend this year and we tried taking advantage by bringing out the kiddie pool and the slip ‘n slide. Sofia loves playing with the water, but would rather stand in it, than sit in it.


Water's too cold!

She also didn’t like the slip ‘n slide too much. We’ll try it again next weekend and when her cousin Keira comes to visit. Fiona enjoyed the heat in her teeny bikini and lying on her surfmat.


You’re blocking my sun!

Joe took Sofia to see the Lakewood (nearby suburb) fire truck, ambulances and utility trucks on Saturday at a park festival. Fiona and I had to babysit a friend’s baby so we stayed behind. Children were allowed to crawl over the trucks and they apparently liked hitting sirens and horns. Sofia didn’t like all the ruckus, but she did like the bouncy house (again) and even got a tattoo (don’t worry, not permanent).


It’s a truck





Edie & Sofia

Random Photos (click for more pics)

I got a few cute photos of the girls together.








And an adorable photo of Fiona’s happy smile.



Quick Updates
I took the girls to the doctor last week and Fiona weighed in at 12lbs, 4oz and was 24 inches long. Sofia was 23lbs and 34 inches long. Both are healthy and on track. Looking back at Sofia's growth chart, it seems that Fiona is gaining weight at the same rate. Although since Fiona was heavier at birth she weighs about a 1 lb and half more at this age than Sofia did. We'll see how long it takes before they basically weigh the same!

Sofia has always been very chatty, but she's speaking clearer now. "New" (meaning about two or three months old) words/phrases include "basketball", "let's go", "outside", "bubbles", "books", "please", "gracias", "pajamas","I'm ready",...among many others.

Cute story
The other night I was getting Sofia into her PJs and we were waiting for Joe to come upstairs to read her a bedtime story. While I changed her, Sofia began calling out "Daddy...daddy!!!" When he didn't show up, she started yelling "Joe!! Joe!! Come on Joe!" It was very cute. I guess she thinks that works better than "daddy!"

No comments: