Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sofia's Big Birthday Party

On Saturday, May 2nd, we celebrated Sofia’s third birthday with a party at the Lakewood YMCA. Festivities started with pizza and a Tinkerbell cake that Sofia surprised us by choosing (we thought it would be a princess cake; I didn’t even know she knew who Tinkerbell was). Guests were very generous and showered Sofia with gifts. Lots of great books, a harmonica and recorder, magnetic dolls, build-a-robot, board games, gardening set, etc. I’ve stored some of the gifts to bring them out little by little so she’s not overwhelmed.


Princess Sofia in her “ballet” dress


Guests enjoy pizza


Sofia enjoyed the “Happy Birthday” song, but refused to blow out the candle


The party then moved to the pool and the kids had a great time splashing and swimming.


Fiona also enjoyed the water

Sofia also made out by receiving gifts from my mom, Nana and us.


Sofia showing off her new kitchen


Opening Nana’s gift (a Dora cell phone!)


A Dora castle complete with Princess Dora and Boots

All in all I think Sofia had a wonderful time and a great birthday. Thanks to everyone who joined us and made it an unforgettable time!


Other Random Events
My Birthday
Sofia and my mom made a birthday cake to celebrate my birthday last week. I also received wonderful gifts, including new tops, pjs and a necklace that Sofia picked out. I also got a cool undermounted TV for the kitchen from Joe (which is really for Joe).


What? You thought I was older?

Dora Live!
My mom and I took the girls to watch “Dora” at the Playhouse Square. Fiona actually seemed to like it, as she clapped and watched with a huge grin on her face for a good 20 minutes before becoming restless and upset for the last 40. Sofia also seemed to enjoy it and was entertained the whole time. After the show ended we waited a few minutes while it cleared out. Instead of leaving with us, Sofia tried going to the front because she thought we had a chance at better seats! I had to explain Dora had said good-bye and wasn’t coming back out.


The flash made her squint and look funny

No comments: