Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fabulous Memorial Day Weekend

We had a fun and busy long weekend. We hosted Joe’s parents and grandparents who drove in from Illinois and the girls enjoyed lots of love and attention. Nana and Granny read countless Dora adventure books to Sofia and Fiona crawled around trying to bite peoples’ toes. The rest of the weekend entailed a trip to the market, a cook-out, a trip to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, a driving tour of Cleveland (along with a drive-by of Joe’s office), Cavs games, lots of golf (on TV), and a Keane concert (well, Joe and I went ;). Unfortunately we didn’t take many pics, but here’s one of Grandpa and Fiona.



Catching Up
As a prelude to the Cleveland Marathon, organizers held a kids’ run. Sofia ran the 50 yard dash.


Sofia models her new running outfit and she wore her first racer’s bib.


Pre-race with Mommy


Her first medal

I ran the Cleveland half-marathon the next morning and ran my best time yet: 1:43:15. About three seconds faster than the one in October. I placed 24th in my age division, so I was pretty pleased. Despite my poor training, it seems to work, but I don’t recommend it.

And finally, we were happy to bid adieu to our dysfunctional au pair. We’re looking forward to welcoming our new au pair in a few weeks.

No comments: