Put-In-Bay
On Sunday we took the scenic route to Put-In-Bay. It was a beautiful day and a very nice ride. My mom read Sofia countless Dora books, as Sofia sang along to her Dora CD. Fiona bounced along to the music and ate lots of snacks.
Put-in-Bay, for those out-of-town readers, is a small (2x4 miles) island in Lake Erie just an hour from Cleveland. They’re the self-proclaimed “Key West of the North”…yea, I don’t think so, but it does have a number of restaurants, bars, B & Bs and is very cute.
It was warm and sunny and the girls enjoyed the brief ferry ride from the “mainland”. We rented a big golf cart and headed to lunch on the board walk.

Sofia liked riding shotgun.

My mom and the girls

Daddy and the girls
After lunch we drove around the island admiring the quaint century homes and went to the Butterfly House.

Tree sculpture outside of the Butterfly House before I ran out (the big butterflies freak me out!)
With such a busy day, poor Fiona hardly slept (she napped in the golf cart and then stroller for about 30 minutes) and Sofia napped on the way home for about 40 minutes.

Getting quite grumpy...

Now they’re REALLY tired!
I was just as tired, I think, but it was a good day! The girls did, relatively well, in the car; although I’m not sure I’m ready for that three hour plane trip (with the girls) to Dallas in a few weeks…
No comments:
Post a Comment