Ok, more like the suburbs of Dallas. We braved the child un-friendly skies to attend Joe’s cousin Ann’s wedding. Sofia was very excited about the “party”, dancing, and getting to wear her new shoes and dress, as well as playing with her cousin Kiki. Sofia was overall very patient and cooperative on the plane, but Fiona was….not so much. She was very restless and had several crying and screaming jags. The plane was a small regional jet that only had two seats in a row and one across the aisle. Joe sat in the one seat, but the flight attendant wouldn’t let him hold Fiona because our seats had the three oxygen masks. Although if we needed those I doubt him holding Fiona would have been our biggest problem.
A few minutes into the flight I vowed never to fly with the girls again. I hope I can keep that promise at least until next year. I’m not sure why I agreed that a “quick” three hour flight would be bearable and the trip worthwhile. It reminded me of how I felt about labor the second time around…you forget how truly excruciating it is until you go through it again.
In any case, we made it. I won’t mention how the Dallas airport smelled like one huge urinal, or how we had to take a bus to the car rental place, or how we drove around for about an hour and half for some errands Joe had to run for work.
We finally made it to the hotel and while Joe took Sofia to the pool I tried getting Fiona to nap. After 45 minutes of her crying and then singing and playing in the crib, she finally fell asleep.
That evening was the rehearsal dinner and we joined Nana, Papa and other family at the church. For some reason, some of our photos didn’t upload, so I’ll post what I have.



The Happy Couple

Sofia on daddy’s lap at the wedding
Sofia greatly enjoyed the reception. She danced and ran around the dance floor along with her cousin Keira. They really had a good time. As we were getting in the car, on the way back to the hotel, she kept saying "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the party!" That alone was worth the trip!

Sofia and Keira at the hotel….so cute!
The way back was painful, but a bit less than on the way there. Fiona slept a little longer and the flight attendant seemed unconcerned when she sat on Joe's lap in his solo seat. Guess he didn't know about the oxygen masks...
Parade the Circle
The weekend before last we went to the annual Parade the Circle, a fun, colorful festival held at University Circle. It was a beautiful day, although a bit warm. I didn’t take many pictures, because we arrived late, but here’s a cute one of Cora and Fiona.
No comments:
Post a Comment