Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Birthday, USA!

Well, I’m a little behind on posting pics of our 4th of July weekend, but here we go.

The Fourth started with rushing to beat the crowds (and the police blockade) and get VIP parking at the Barcelona’s for the Lakewood Parade. It was a beautiful morning and we laid out blankets and chairs and hung out with the kids and several of Rob and Emma’s friends and kids.

I didn’t really take photos of the parade (it was a little lackluster), but took some of the audience (namely my children).


I love that hat


Sofia’s starting to strike a pose now when I say “cheese”


Cora rocks on


Fiona’s turn in the seat…her nap was way over due

That evening we headed over to the W Family’s for fun on their deck and to wait for Cleveland’s fireworks.


This is an example of not letting kids play with fire. Sofia was pretty excited about holding her first sparkler, but didn’t heed our warning not to touch the end. I was trying to capture the huge smile she had and by the time I pressed the shutter she had touched the hot end, and as you can see wasn’t smiling anymore.


Watching the fireworks from the Shoreway


Sofia re-adjusts her earplugs. She likes the firework colors, but not the noisy booms

Other Events
We invited ourselves over to hobnob with Cleveland’s Mayor Jackson since he was at an informal event at a home a few blocks away. I convinced Fernanda to pose with him.




Sofia and Daddy flew her first kite at Edgewater on Sunday. It was a beautiful day.




Fiona and Abi watch Sofia fly the kite.

No comments: