Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sweet Home Chicago

It’s been too long since my last post so I apologize for the length of this update.

The latest, of course, was our trip to Chicago. I spent a week at the NCLR Conference and it was a great opportunity to catch up with friends I haven’t seen in years (in some cases since we moved to Cleveland) and to be a tourist in my great city. I stayed downtown and had the opportunity to run along the Lake every morning and stroll along Michigan Avenue. I took a few quick shots of some of my favorite sights.


Wrigley Building


Wacker Drive and the Chicago River

Family
The girls spent the week at Joe’s parents’ and had a great time. We also had an opportunity to visit with my family and Sofia enjoyed playing with cousins Vincent and Cecily.


Sofia got over her initial shyness and danced with Vincent.


Cecily joins in the fun

We were also in town in time to celebrate Joe and Nola’s 39th Wedding Anniversary. Congratulations! And thanks for Joey!


We had dinner and took in a show at Drury Lane


We had a chance to watch Brian’s band “Sir Leo” play and to celebrate Brian’s birthday. Michelle embarrassed him by bringing a cake into a bar and having him blow out the candles. I think he lost some rock star cred.

We also made time to have a playdate with the Hernandez Family. On our way to the park we ran into the fire department demonstrating how to put out a fire. Sofia declined the offer to try, but Ale’s two boys gave it a shot.


Mati did a good job of putting out the "fire", while Emi waits his turn




Serge and Fiona

One of Joe’s friends, Mike, lives a few blocks away from Ale and Sergio and we went to visit his new baby, Jack. Fiona kept trying to touch the sleeping baby, but he woke up on his own (I swear!).

Random Pics
In the interim, since the last post, we also helped celebrate Edie’s third birthday at The Little Gym.






Sofia and Edie enjoy bday cupcakes

Weekly WOW




Oh, did I mention we went camping? Don't ask.

No comments: