First off...
Happy Birthday Sweet Fiona!
Fiona turned two on March 30th and a number of good friends came over to help us celebrate, eat cake, watch "Mary Poppins" and also sing to Fernanda.



Birthday Girls
Thanks to all for coming!
Mexico baby!
A couple of days after Fiona's bday party, Joe and I departed to Playa del Carmen, Mexico, just south of Cancun. It was gorgeous. Beautiful turqouise waters, white sands, hot sun and constant breeze. Just breathtaking.

Joe and I spent a lot of quality time doing nothing. Lots of eating, drinking, sleeping, laying by the pool, laying on the beach, eating and did I mention drinking? The resort was all-inclusive so we didn't have to do much beyond deciding what restaurant (of five) to choose for late-night dinners. Oh, I take it back...I also got a chance to run (barefooted was great!) on the beach several times and took a spinning class a few times which whipped my butt.

We chose the Asian theme restaurant that night.
We spent the last couple of nights in town (the resort was 15 minutes, run on the beach, away) so that we could do some shopping and people-watching. We went to Yaxshe to celebrate our fifth-wedding anniverary. It was delicious! We ordered coffee after dinner...

This was an elaborate preparation of "Mayan" coffee. Basically lots of booze (kahlua, honey-based liquour, brandy) and a little coffee.
Thanks to facebook we also got together with some friends who happened to be in the area at the same time. We had a nice dinner and fun at the Blue Parrot.

The last day we finally made it to Xcaret . A gorgeous natural water park that is also a nature reserve. The water is perfectly clean and clear. We snorkled, swam, ate and took in a great show that evening.



Lots of lizards lounging about

Baby turtles are hatched and kept until they're a little bigger and then released back to nature



Of course while we were gone it was equally warm and sunny back in Cleveland. The girls had a great time with Abi who came to care for them while Daddy and I were gone. Lots of egg hunts at the Lake Erie Nature Center, at Molly's and home. Sofia had so much fun at Molly's that she insisted on going back the rest of that weekend.
Unfortunately the warmth dissipated when we came home and this past weekend was chilly and damp. We did take a walk, however, with the Bongornos and visited the cherry bloosoms in Brookside. Who knew these beautiful trees were so close to home?
(I guess Chris did since he suggested it).
No comments:
Post a Comment