Thursday, March 13, 2008

Week 39 and 4 days…

Fiona still in Utero
Fiona shows no signs of leaving the womb. My last midwife appointment, on Tuesday, was uneventful. I didn’t have an internal exam, so I don’t know what it’s like down there, but on the surface she seems pretty happy; moving around a lot and a nice, healthy, heartbeat. I have been having more contractions (Braxton Hicks), but I feel perfectly normal.

Mom Arrived
My mom came in last night and we spent a few hours this morning with Sofia before I left for work. Sofia was very shy, initially, but she seemed comfortable when I left, especially because they were watching “Sesame Street.”

Snow Storm
We had a fun weekend despite the snow storm. I was afraid (although half hoping) we’d have a home birth, if Fiona showed up, because the snow was well over a foot high in the driveway. Regardless, Fiona waited.

Sunday we hosted the OC Dinner Club as a brunch. To our, pleasant, surprise, almost everyone arrived. Some trudged through the snow, even with babies in Bjorns, while others braved the elements in their 4x4s. Thanks Damon for picking up stranded OC diners! Unfortunately I forgot to take photos, so this blog entry will be picture-less. Thanks to everyone for coming!

No comments: