Monday, March 31, 2008

My two cents

I just wanted to add that Joe was a great support and help during labor (and always, of course). It's amazing how fast you forget how truly painful labor is, otherwise we wouldn't do it again!

Once active labor started I really counted on Joe to help me (try to) relax during contractions and focus on getting Fiona out. Joe made a "delivery" playlist on the ipod, so I tried focusing on music to distract me. I briefly flirted with the idea of an epidural, but I was hopeful that since this was a second delivery it would be faster than Sofia's. Thankfully it was was faster and we were able to avoid any intervention. Just for the record, I didn't have an epidural only because of the effects it has on the baby. If it didn't have side effects, I would have LOVED one (epidural).

We're lounging in the hospital now, waiting for Fiona's doctor to see her and then we'll go home. My mom will be with us for another couple of weeks, so we'll try and rest up in preparation for really having TWO kids on our own.

Thank you Joey for your support, and cliche as it is, I would NOT have been able to get through it without you. Te amo :)

No comments: