Friday, March 28, 2008

Where's Fiona?

In response to popular demand (OK, just one email complaining I'm a tease--Brian M....), I thought I should update the Fiona drama.

Obviously we haven't had Fiona yet. She's decided not to leave the womb, unless by force. So, Saturday night we have a date at the hospital to begin induction. I won't go into the gory details, but suffice it to say that they'll begin with a small intervention meant to try and start labor on my own. If I don't go into labor by 9AM Sunday then they'll start the big guns (Pitocin).

I'm very disappointed that this may be the case since it's more intervention than we want and it'll probably be a lot more painful than a natural, gradual, build-up. Regardless we just want a healthy little girl, so hopefully this is for the best.

According to the non-stress tests I've taken (the last one yesterday afternoon) she seems to be healthy and content in there. As one of my colleagues put it, I "must have pretty comfortable innards".

Keep tuning in for more updates. We should have that new baby Boyd by Monday at the latest!

No comments: